CPW Booking Information
To book for a CPW event in 2012, use the Online Booking Form available on each Event page. The organiser will then contact you to arrange for you to complete your booking by sending a cheque for your deposit (and membership subscription, if you haven't already paid for 2012), to the address supplied to you by the organiser. All cheques, etc. should be payable to "Catholic People's Weeks".
Prices, deposits and discounts
- The full prices and deposits for each event in 2013 are given in this table. The maximum deposit required is £100 per booking.
- The deposit is not normally refundable.
- A 33% discount will be given for the 3rd and subsequent children of the same family.
- Bookings for Summer weeks received by the end of February attract a 5% discount.
- The invoice for the balance will be sent to you about 4 weeks before the event. The full payment can be sent to your organiser or made electronically direct to CPW.
For legal reasons, CPW events are open only to paid-up members of CPW. The membership subscription is £10 per year, covering all members of the same family at the same address – or £5 per year for those on low incomes. If you are not booking for an event this year, but would still like to join CPW (or renew your membership), send your subscription directly to the Secretary, Lizzy Allerton, 8 Kings Close, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 1QE. Members receive a newsletter three times a year, and the brochure for the next year as soon as it is published. You will also be part of a lay organisation committed to enriching and empowering the voice of the laity within the Church.
If cost might be an issue, ask about a bursary from our "friendship fund". Contact either the booking co-ordinator for your 1st choice event or the Treasurer, Colm Clinton, at . All enquiries are strictly confidential.
Third World Fund
At most CPW events, members are invited to make a contribution (if they wish) to our Third World Fund. They can also nominate one or more specific developing world charities to which the money collected is to be given - otherwise, the money is sent to CAFOD.
Members with special needs
Some of our members find it difficult to attend CPW events, as a result of advancing age and/or problems of physical mobility. If you have been a member of CPW for five years or more, and you now need to bring someone with you to help you get around (whether a professional carer or an able-bodied friend), we offer two places for the price of one. Please contact the Treasurer, Colm Clinton, at to check the suitability of Centres for people wishing to book on this basis. We try to ensure that all the centres we use are fully accessible.
- Parents may each bring one additional child who is not of their own immediate family (to all-age events); the 33% discounts and new member discounts do not apply to such children.
- Sorry, but pets cannot be accommodated.
- Smoking is never allowed in the buildings we use and most of the Centres place restrictions on smoking anywhere on the premises.
- Bookings will normally be confirmed within 2 weeks of receipt. If you would prefer communication by e-mail please tick the box on the booking form and supply your e-mail address.
- Full joining details for events are normally sent out about 4 weeks in advance.
Discounts for new members
Simply mark your booking “New Member” and a 25% discount will be applied, subject to checks that you have not previously attended an event. This offer also applies to people who were brought to CPW as children. We think CPW is already very good value, but this special offer will enable us to spread the word even further. Existing members – let your friends know! Bursary help from the Friendship Fund will still be available as well where it’s needed. So now is the time to start actively talking about CPW with people who you think would enjoy and benefit from the experience.